There are two separate Outstanding Service Awards for service above and beyond the call of duty:
- Outstanding Service to Engineering
- Outstanding Service to the Community
Call for Nominations – Now Open for 2017
The Call for Nominations for the 2017 Outstanding Service Awards is now open.
2016 Outstanding Service Award
The 2016 Outstanding Service Award to Engineering was awarded to Richard S. Prentice.
The awards are to be given for career achievement, not for a short term effort or accomplishment. This will allow the accomplishments of the award recipient to have stood the test of time. Service should be for more than a single organization.
1. The service or contributions to engineering or the community should be primarily for clients, agencies, or organizations within the Delaware Valley*. However, service and contributions outside of the Delaware Valley are considered.
2. Award recipients must be living at the time of selection.
3. Nominators are asked to prepare the nomination without the knowledge of the nominee. The nominee’s family and/or colleagues should be asked to provide input for the nomination package. Once the selection is made, the OSA Chair will notify the nominators and the award recipient(s).
4. The DVEW Advisory Committee, composed of former Delaware Valley Engineers of the Year, will make the selection. The committee is authorized to conduct research beyond the nomination form, to verify the accomplishments as presented in the nomination.
5. An award does not need to be made each year; it will only be presented if the selection committee determines that the nominations are of such quality as to justify the award. Only one award of each type is to be made a year.
6. Former Delaware Valley Engineers of the Year have been honored for their achievements and are not eligible for this award.
Contact Andrew Hartmann with any questions.
Past Outstanding Service Award Recipients
Check out the archives for the previous Outstanding Award Recipients